Devastations

Twelve days ago, a very powerful super typhoon devastated my country and reduced it to rubbles, with nothing left but loss and desperation. Actually, there are only certain areas which are greatly affected, my own hometown not included, but the heart of the Filipinos are one at this time of calamity, so I cannot say that their problem is not my own.

At night before I sleep, I think of everyone without a home, who sleep in the dark, especially in Tacloban, where I heard people were very hostile for a time, right after the typhoon. As of the moment dead bodies still line the streets and many are left with nothing to eat, and are solely dependent on the relief operations being provided by government and non-government organizations.

It is just amazing to see the generosity of the rest of the world, namely U.S., Japan, Europe, etc. who were there, the minute this news came up, and remain to this day, with selfless help and service if only to alleviate the sufferings and provide a ray of hope to the residents of the affected areas.

I have done my part, I hope, though I wish I could do more. My heart just keeps breaking every time I see their situation on the news, or see pictures. It is good to know that delivery of relief goods have reached a large percentage of the affected areas. Now, the rebuilding. Honestly, it would take so much time, money, energy, and effort to rebuild everything that has been damaged.

HOW TO HELP

I know of a few rebuilding projects and I just want to help them in one way or another.

Rebuilding of Doane Baptist School in Isabel, Leyte

Contact person:
Joshua Caleb Hocson
Camotes Island, Cebu


This is what's left of the Elementary building.










The High school department

Faculty rooms
Elementary classrooms

Hallway entrance



Rebuilding of Banga, Aklan


Rebuilding of Malangabang, Salvacion, and Baliguian, Concepcion, Iloilo

Contact Person:
Malangabang, Concepcion, Iloilo

There is really nothing left for them.
Their main industry is fishing and now fishing boats have all
been destroyed by the typhoon.
Houses made of wood and bamboo were easily toppled
down by the strong winds of Super Typhoon Haiyan




































Disclaimer: I do not own any of the pictures posted here.

Comments

Popular Posts