Freddie Mercury

I couldn't believe I never heard of him before. Queen, of course, but not him, and that was an incredible miss. I couldn't have done otherwise anyway, because I was just a kid when he passed, and I wasn't even born in his days of glory, but you know, what a miss! Freddie Mercury is such an amazing singer, literally. Of course, Queen had a lot of fans because they were a rock band but his vocal range is just out there.

It was an accidental discovery to begin with. I saw Constantine Maroulis on Idol and he sang really well, so I searched for more videos of him on YouTube. His version of Bohemian Rhapsody was apparently one of his best performances on Idol, and to be honest that was my first time to ever hear a fuller version of that song. Of course you hear it every time, but the word "rhapsody" just didn't make any sense to me when I was younger. You know how kids and teenagers are, it's all about the popular music of their generation. You only really get to appreciate better music when you get older, 'cause that's when you start to have a better perspective, and an open mind.

I liked the song and I wanted to hear the original, so I looked for it, and what a pleasant surprise! Take a look!



Since the Steven Tyler discovery, I kind of formed an appreciation towards music of the past and the way they looked then. This is probably my favorite Freddie look because on later days, he kept a moustache. Maybe it was the trend back then, but whatever!

I made a search on Google and I was more amazed at what I found out, but I'll keep that to myself. Just see the trend. Bill Kaulitz -- Adam Lambert -- Steven Tyler -- Freddie Mercury. Steven technically doesn't belong, but in other ways somewhat they all have similarities.

I like Bohemian Rhapsody so much! It caters to a different bunch of people. And that goes to show how much talent he got because he was the visionary behind this masterpiece. It's a song for the rockers, the opera lovers, and everyone else. I just can't believe how such magnitude can go into a song. Really amazing!

Eventually Freddie died of AIDS complications at the age of 45, which reminded me yet again of Tony in my earlier post (First Comes Love). And they had a similarity, which will be left unspoken. But I just really love them both!


Comments

Popular Posts